Deaf Awareness and Communication Tactics
This course is designed to be delivered as a
The objective of
- Learn how to identify a deaf/ hearing loss person
- Understand the level of deafness and use appropriate terminology
an awarenessof communication barriers between hearing and deaf/ hearing loss people
basicunderstanding of deaf/hearing loss communication methods
The objective of communication tactic session (practical), learners will
- Participate in lip-reading activities to raise
an awarenessof communication breakdown
- Understand how to create the best environment for communication
- Learn how to repair the communication breakdown
- Learn how to gain a deaf /hearing loss person’s attention
- Understand communication methods which meet the needs of deaf/ hearing loss individual
Deaf: relates to all of the following: deaf, deafened, hard of hearing and Deaf BSL users
Bespoke courses provided for organisations specific requirements on request.
Half-day tuition (4 hours) – £400.00 (per class for up to 16 people).
Additional travel costs applicable if over 10miles to the venue.
For further information, please contact us during office hours Monday- Friday
Voice only – 01782 219161, Text/Minicom – 01782 281125, Fax only – 01782 286174.
Alternatively e-mail BSL@deaflinks.co.uk